FIRST CHURCH OF THE
Perplexed maybe, but certainly not abandoned or despaired. A great door for effective ministry is open to us. We have opportunities given to us now that won’t be there when life returns as ‘normal.’ Let’s partner together and ask God to use us to make Him known.
Please read carefully. There are 3 sections:
I.Your Needed Participation
II. How to Give Offerings / Tithes
I. Your Needed Participation
1. To view the Sunday messages, either go to: “https://www.longviewnaz.org/”, and click the box ‘SERMON VIDEO’. To view the sermon notes, click the box ‘SEMON NOTES. You can also view the sermon and get the notes on our Facebook page (“https://www.facebook.com/groups/826960457413916” - LCN: Things To ‘Share’). You also have a Youtube option: “https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqI6tiboJA4HaQp83HqRszw” and choose message according to date.
2. Sunday, 11 AM you can participate in on a virtual Sunday School class (teens and adults). Feel free to go to any class available even if it’s a different one than you might attend on Sunday morning if we were gathering. For instructions, go to “https://www.longviewnaz.org/”, click the box ‘VIRTUAL SS INSTRUCTIONS.’
3. Wednesday night, 6:30 PM, we will be doing online discipleship. All are invited. Pastor Mark will lead this time together. Get on your computer (or phone) and go to: https://meetingsamer4.webex.com/meet/mark60hen
4. You are the commissioned ministers / pastors for your Sunday School class.
a. Call a few class members, and someone you know who doesn’t know the love of Jesus. Ask them how they are doing and how you can be praying for them. Then, offer to pray right then on the phone.
b. If you are going shopping or out for some reason, call one or two neighbors (or pop over and knock on their door). Ask if you can pick up something for them. If you can afford to do so, get it for them and make it your treat. (If you have a stash of toilet paper or hand sanitizer, share!)
c. On Facebook," “share” videos that the church is posting.
d. Keep praying for God’s healing touch on our world. Check in with each other and help where you can. Make time each day to connect with the God who loves you. And, please pray for your church staff and leaders leaders as we seek to honor Jesus, love the Church (you), and reach our community with the love of Jesus.
5. Continue to give consistently of your tithes / offerings (instructions below).
II. How to GIVE OFFERINGS / TITHES
Presently there are 3 options:
Give by writing a check and mailing it to the church (2601 H G Mosley, Longview, TX 75605)
The district has made online giving available. You can give with a credit card, paypal or bank account with this method. Here are the steps:
· Go to https://www.netxnaz.net/
· Donate to a local church
· Put the amount; Choose a Church, which would be ‘LONGVIEW FIRST’; Choose either One time, or Monthly, then ‘NEXT’
· (Just continue to follow directions – I believe it’s pretty simple at this point. Whatever amount you give, the church will receive the full amount. The district is paying for any fees involved). No cost to you or the Longview Church.
Bill Pay. Some have recently done this and no fee is being charged. You can go to your bank online or call your bank and set up ‘bill pay’ and they will send a check to the church through the mail. You will have to provide the bank with the churches address (2601 H G Mosley, Longview, TX 75605).
Thank you for your continued faithfulness in giving. What a blessing to see someone drive up to the church wanting to continue to give. You’re a blessing.
1. I have been posting a 1 to 2 minute video each week. It’s a preview of the coming sermon and done to get you to smile a bit. I would like to challenge you and your family to do a 1 minute video on something you’ve learned from the sermon and how you can live it out. It can be funny and encouraging to the rest of the church. Send it to me (Pastor Mark) and I’ll be glad to post it.
2. Post on our Facebook page how the Lord has led you to some open doors for ministry in your life. What was it? What you did? How it blessed someone. Let’s share and give Jesus credit for the work He’s doing. The bible says, ‘He’s always at work.’ Share His work being done through you and your family.
A MESSAGE FROM THE PASTOR
Welcome to the First Church of the Nazarene (LCN) website. I am glad you have chosen to spend a few moments looking around, discovering our church family.
We are a group of people committed to following Jesus. That means we:
(1) Worship Him
(2) Fellowship together
(3) Are discipled by Him
(4) Love the church
(5) Love those outside the church
Our hope is that all people will feel loved and welcomed at LCN. And once here, we pray your life, along with ours will be transformed by the Word of God.
While you are browsing our website, you will learn about our programs and get a glimpse of who we are, but only a glimpse. To fully understand us, come to a worship service or to a small group and feel the up-close, in-person fellowship. Enjoy the website, then come. We'd love to meet you and know you.
-Pastor Mark Hendrick