DISCIPLED BY JESUS
Discipled by Jesus?
Can 21st century Christians actually be discipled by Jesus?
Perhaps more importantly, can one be a Christian, that is, a disciple of Jesus, if He is not being discipled by Jesus? We believe that Christians can be discipled by Jesus, and that they must be. Jesus deeply desires to disciple His contemporary followers. He wants to help us dialogue and honor His nature, to see and celebrate His current activity, to hear and respond to His voice, to know and to commit to His specific will, and to know and walk in faith for His promised power. He can and will do all this by his spirit, through His Word, and through His Body for those wiling to "be with Him" . . . that is, to consciously hang out (abide) in His presence . . . just like Peter, James, and John did.
Through intentionally multiplying the numbers of those who invest much "face time" hanging out with Jesus, the fruit of abiding will be great, and Jesus will build His church through His increasingly Christlike followers.
This is an opportunity to get connected with a group using a pattern of five Gospel questions for Bible study and prayer.
1. Who Do You Say That I Am? - Matthew 16:13-15
2. Do You Understand What I Have Done? - John 13: 1-15
3. Are You Listening To Me? - Matthew 17:5
4. Do You Truly Love Me? Then Care For And Feed My Sheep. - John 21:15
5. Do You Believe Me? - John 11:17-26
There are multiple group meeting times throughout the week to fit into your schedule. This includes the flexibility to attend alternate times as your schedule may dictate.
Contact Pastor Mark at or call the church office (903)-236-0342 to learn more.
Download these Discipled By Jesus resources for your use, including fullsize and mobile device:
1. Daily Journal in Word docx format
2. Daily Journal in PDF format
3. Daily Journal in Excel xlsx format
4. Weekly Journal in Word docx format
5. Weekly Journal in PDF format